We have talked about traveling around the world since the day our kids were born. And, in 5 months we leave. We’ve set up our website, created our route, arranged to home school the kids, and are preparing to rent the house.
If you know anyone looking to rent a beautiful custom home for one year (June 2017 – June 2018), please let me know.
Many of you have been to places we haven’t been so I’d like your input and advice. If you’ve been to one of the countries on our route (South America, Southern/Eastern Africa, Middle East), did you go to some place that you thought was outstanding and would recommend? Do you know any locals who could provide us guidance?
A few things to keep in mind:
- Our boys will be 9 & 11 – They might not want to hike to Machu Pichu but definitely be interested in taking the train.
- We want to give our kids some memories that will last a lifetime.
- We prefer a quiet out of the way town than a noisy, touristy place. But, sometimes you gotta go to the touristy spot.
- Kids love playing on a beach. So do Mom and Dad.
- We’re out for a year so staying at 5 Star Resorts – while beautiful – isn’t part of our budget. And, you don’t experience the country or the people.
There will be times we will just hang out in one place for a few weeks to relax. You may be thinking, “They are on vacation for a year, won’t they be relaxed?” Well, traveling for a long time is very different than a vacation and the constant moving and decision making is tiring. So, during the trip, we will find a place that has either an ocean or a pool nearby and hang out. Any good suggestions?
To follow us, sign up for our blog OR send me an email so I can add you. Before going, I will be writing about what it takes to plan for a trip like this and how to pack. During the trip I will share our experiences and a little about the countries we visit.
If you have questions you want answered, send me a note and I will post them to our website.
The countdown has begun…